PLACE YOUR GPS TRACKER
To function properly, the GPS Tracker must be positioned
– with the upper face (without labels) facing up, otherwise the GPS accuracy may not be optimal;
– away from direct contact with metals that could shield it;
– in a point other than a metal cage, but with areas of permeability such as glass, plastics or holes.
To avoid false alarms, the device must be securely attached to the vehicle. You can use the supplied bands or double-sided tape, or the (optional) Smart Clip accessory.
CONNECT THE GPS TRACKER
Inside the package you will find the GPS Tracker and its cable to be connected to a USB socket on the vehicle.
It is essential that the vehicle’s USB socket is powered when the vehicle is in motion.
Warning: in the absence of power supply, the backup battery inside the Tracker has an autonomy of about 12 hours of tracking.
ENTER THE WEB PORTAL ‘FLEET’
The platform is available for PC/MAC and smartphone/tablet. It does not require to download any software.
Create a new account directly inside the web portal: you already have a welcome credit of 5€ in order to use the monitoring service immediately.
NOTE: If you had already activated an account on the “EVO by Trackting” App in the past, you can enter the FLEET portal using the same credentials (email and password).
SET A DESKTOP SHORTCUT
To quickly access the portal every time, add the shortcut link to the home of your mobile phone or to the desktop of your PC. Once entered Fleet portal, go to your browser settings from the navigation window and create a shortcut. Here’s how to do that.
PAIR YOUR GPS TRACKER
Inside the portal, go to the menu on the left, in the ‘Devices’ section. At the bottom right click on the + button.
For each of your trackers, on ‘New device’ page, enter the UID code: you will find it printed on the device or on the Trackting Card provided inside the respective package together with the device.
REGISTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER
In case of theft, you will receive an alarm telephone call from Trackting. Under the heading ‘Account’ (top right) it is essential to register a mobile number as a reference contact for the alarm call.
Done! Now on your portal you can see your vehicles and use the functions you want.
– Save the number +18304444666 in your contacts as “Trackting Alarm”, so that it will ring even if you have your phone in Do Not Disturb mode. This is an automatic system: do not call this number: there is no operator answering to you.
– Alarm calls are unlimited unless you answer to the call or if you reject, using the red button on your screen. Otherwise, if you or your voicemail answers, there are max. 5 calls available per month (push notifications are unlimited in any case).
– IMPORTANT: Check with your operator how to disable your voicemail in case of no answer or call reject.
PERFORM THE FIRST LOCALIZATION
Move your vehicle or machine for a few minutes and at least on a 20-meters distance, and check the Platform to make sure the position is being updated.
Now you can perform any action you desire using Fleet functions.
CHARGE YOUR CREDIT
Fleet offers a rechargeable service, with two clear and easy kinds of offer: pay-as-you-go (0,49€/day of use) or annual charge (49€/year).
You can charge new credit in the Account section, where you can see the total amount, due date and all transactions.
The credit relates to the entire fleet.
In case of problems, you can contact our Business Customer Service via email: firstname.lastname@example.org