The alarm went off while driving
If the alarm mode is activated while driving, then the Tag does not connect to the Tracker. When the Tracker detects motion but does not find the Tag, it reads a theft event.
To avoid this situation:
– Check if the Tag’s battery has low power. You can read how to do that here.
– Never keep the Tag in close contact with your body (for ex. in your pocket) because the human body can shield the signal
– Is the Tracker too close to metal objects? Try placing it elsewhere.
– Keyless electronic keys may cause interference; always keep your Keyless electronic key separate from the Tag.
SOLUTION FOR MOTORBIKES AND MOPEDS
In some cases, if the Tag is on the motobike key-holder, the bike’s shape and the metal (i.e. a large fuel tank) can make the Tag’s signals bounce, and let not reach the Tracker.
This causes the false alarms before start riding.
It doesnn’t happen with all vehicles: generally in mopeds it does not happen because they are made of many plastic parts or if the the Tag’s battery has no charge.
Here you find how to prevent and solve this case:
1. Verify if the Tag’s battery is ok as shown here. If the battery is down, replace it following these instruction.
2. Keep the Tag in close contact with your body (for ex. in your pocket) because the human body can shield the signal.
3. Start the engine and wait for 10 seconds.
4. Well done! Now you can go riding.
Watch this short video (language translation in subtitles).
SOLUTION FOR CARS, VANS, TRUCKS
You can put the Tracker in the cabin, at a distance of max. 2 mt from the Tag.
In fact, if the Tracker would be hidden inside the boot, for istance of a sedan car, the Tag’s signal could not reach the Tracker.
HOW TO EXIT FROM ALARM MODE
To exit the alarm mode you must keep the Tag near the Tracker while the Tracker is in motion for at least 60 seconds. You can do this by taking your vehicle for a ride (carrying the Tag with you) or by shaking the Tracker for at least 60 seconds (always with the Tag close by and not in your hand otherwise it will be shielded).
The procedure is deliberately long to make sure that the alarm will not be deactivated if your vehicle has been hidden somewhere by a thief and you inadvertently pass by it while you are looking for it.